Tuesday 12 January 2010

To Quote the Eagles: You're Afraid It's All Been Wasted Time...

Thought for the day: if I got Twitter back, would I use it? I certainly like the idea of tweeting but can I really be bothered?

Well, yesterday was a waste of time. The reason? Me + fanfic = wasted day. It's like it used to be when I was approaching exams. The closer the exams got, the more fanfic I read. I particularly enjoyed Of the Balance Not Born of Blood or Honour and Echoes of the Balance. I now have three Merlin fanfics of my own spinning around my head and not allowing me to concentrate, especially when I go to bed.

I must have spent about five hours reading fanfiction yesterday, between running my dad back and forth to the garage and then down to town, where he bought paint and then treated us to a cooked breakfast. Yesterday's to do list has become today's to do list and I must now plan the rest of the week to make up for wasted time. This includes time in the study, time in the kitchen, a trip to Cardiff...my week off has vanished before me.

I'm so mad at myself for wasting the weekend too. On Friday and Saturday we slept late, until at least 11am, and then spent time fooling around. By the time we prised ourselves from the bedroom, showered and dressed and got ready to face the day, it was mid-afternoon. I like sex, but not so much I would have it compromise my productivity. Feeling productive and checking things off my list leaves me far more emotionally satisfied anyway.

Anyway, time's up. I've got my Moleskine diary at my side and I'm preparing to write out today's to-dos and the working plan for the week. I am shutting the laptop down to help. Just remember, self, when I work and unleash my potential, I am incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment