Tuesday 2 June 2009

Biology Roundup

Yesterday I had my biology exams. It was a glorious day and seemed a shame to spend it cooped up in a noisy exam hall. It was noisy because someone forgot to tell the workmen to stay away from an exam area. *sigh* The first paper went better than the second, but that figures because I studied the first module completely. Overall, while there were few questions that I skipped entirely, I don't think I used enough of the buzzwords and correct terminology to score top marks. I'm not expecting to do well at all. Here's to resits.

I got quite restless during the second paper because the questions were boring. Effects of smoking, reading off graphs, the new biodiversity section...they're really not very interesting compared to biochemistry. I was also desperate for the loo and my squash was more concentrated than I wanted so I was not very comfortable at all. But I left about ten minutes before the end of the paper so I suppose I was on track in terms of time.

Tomorrow is the chemistry exam and I'm not looking forward to that either. I'm at the point now where there is too much to learn before tomorrow so I don't see the point in bothering. I know, I know, it's a ridiculous idea but I am a perfectionist and if I can't achieve perfection, my brain says it's not worth trying. I also know that if I aim for perfection, I am always destined to fail. I think I just need a few days off and to chill out.

The week pans out as follows:
  • Wednesday: exams AM, hair appointment PM
  • Thursday: mediation at work (awaiting time from Boss)
  • Friday: clean house AM, shopping for glasses PM

No comments:

Post a Comment