Monday 18 May 2009

Work, Studying and Birdies

Right now, I should be in work. Right about now, my hastily arranged cover will be cleaning a trolley, emptying a sharps bin or maybe enjoying a well-earned cup of tea. In any case, I don't feel a twinge of guilt about it. In case you haven't guessed, I'm not sick.

For the second night on the trot I have phoned in sick, citing migraine (brought on by stress, dontcha know?) but I will go to work tomorrow. I'll go mainly because it will reflect better on me given that I have two weeks of annual leave starting on Wednesday and also because it's my last night shift until I don't know when. *happy smile* No, I'm not happy that it's my last night shift because I quite like nights, but I am glad for the annual leave and the opportunity to work days again. But that's tomorrow.

Tonight I have to stay up quite late and study. It's going to be quite a feat. I'm quite tired at the moment and the second I start looking at the function of the various pieces of the heart, my eyes are going to start getting heavy and I'm going to start dreaming of my bed. I have 14 double-page spreads get through before I feel like I've accomplished anything and I really don't feel like I'll hit 5. *sigh* We'll just see what happens.

The house is in turmoil at the moment. M is not speaking to D and vice versa. BtK is not speaking to M or D. I am speaking to everyone, I think. It all started because BtK didn't empty the dishwasher this afternoon before he went a-frollicking, and also because neither M nor D have a lot of patience with technology and/or each other. *sigh* Things will fix when Btk moves out, or when I move out and I don't have to experience it anymore.

I shall end with something that made me smile today: the Robinson advert with the bird. Pure class.

No comments:

Post a Comment