Friday 12 June 2009

Cleaning, shmeening!

Good morning!

It's Friday, which in my house means Cleaning Day. Once I peel my rear end from this chair, I'm going to hoover the downstairs, the sofa, the stairs, upstairs and also put some washing on. It doesn't sound like much when you say it like that, does it? Afterwards, I'm going to try and get my room sorted. Remember Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Well, the Americans also bombed my room but didn't tell anyone. *grin* That's my excuse anyway.

Note to self: insert photo of bombsite room here later.

The boyfriend and I had a phonecall last night from our friends Math and Charlotte. Turns out Math popped the question yesterday. We knew it had been on the cards for a while so it wasn't a major surprise. Math had been asking Stu where he bought my engagement ring from and how he did it etc. Heh, Stuart's proposal gives other guys a lot to live up to, but that's something for another post.

We arranged to meet them at 8pm at Math's house but when we got there, they had only just arrived at Charl's grandmother's house. Cue much frustration on our part. To kill time we went to Asda Coryton to have a look at the clothes but they had a paltry selection.

I'm in a different headspace about clothes and how I look at the moment. I've started taking the time out to put more make-up on and I'm dressing much more smartly so I was very let down with the selection at George. I'm practicing for if and when I am doctor so I want nice trousers and flouty skirts and decent shaped tops. I'm channelling a lot of Michelle Obama's fashion; she always looks classy and I'd really like to be like that. Except this outfit. Bad.

Going back to the point, Asda was crap. I bought a book, two new hair bobbles, a pair of sunglasses and some socks for my dad for Father's Day but that was it. We finally saw the happy couple at 9:20pm when Stu and I were both knackered and didn't really feel like it. Charl's ring is lovely. It's a marquise cut in white gold and so it looks vintage. We'll be going out with them soon to celebrate so maybe I'll get some pictures up. We had a good natter and it was great to hang out with them. Hopefully they will come rock climbing with us soon.

I really, really need to move my rear end now. Duty calls!

No comments:

Post a Comment