Thursday 9 October 2008

College, iTunes and more goal musing

Yesterday I didn't go to college. I should have because I wanted a 100% attendance record. Yesterday I just didn't feel like it and it probably has to do with the fact that I didn't do much at all except surf the net. Plus I don't like the rest of the class, they are not interested (with not a scrap of chemical knowledge between them) and they're all a bit like 17 year old kids full of attitude and eye-rolls. I feel I should have been there though for Elaine's sake if nothing else. So I feel a bit guilty this morning.

I went through the new book last night and have identified what we have studied so far. I need to do that with the chemistry book this morning before I write a few notes. I really need to put in a solid two hours this morning before I embark on the household chores, plus a spot of room tidying and the dreaded ironing. *shudders* Although, the bonus with ironing is either watching TV or listening to podcasts.

I downloaded iTunes last night because I was looking for a song I heard on Radio 2 coming home from work on Monday night. It was a blues number by someone called Phil Guy and I really liked it. However, I've not been able to find it on iTunes (shock, horror! What can't you find on iTunes?!) and the album is £13.00 on the net so I don't think I'll bother. FrostWire isn't picking up anything either.

I have been going through the podcast section of iTunes and it's turned up a few gems: great historical speeches, basic philosophy and religion and a Star Trek podcast. I fear that I may have to uninstall iTunes however, because it was halfway through converting my .wma files when I went to bed last night and I don't know how to get it to continue re-converting. So I may have to pull the plug and start again.

I've just dropped my car down for an MOT and the walk back has given the old heart rate a kick start. I am so unfit, it is not funny. I may walk miles in work but as soon as you throw an incline at me, I'm done. I found a beginners program for runners the other night and I'm seriously contemplating doing it. It's called "Couch to 5K" and the only thing stopping me is the fact that I haven't got a life balance yet. Before I introduce anything like a real diet or a running program I want to be able to say that I am keeping up with my studying. At the moment, my days off are spent like I am now, downstairs on the laptop, literally watching the day pass me by. I need to be studying 40 hours a week, if that's possible, before I consider anything else. I'm making it a goal on 43things and using Lifetick's SMART goal checklist to make it attainable.

No comments:

Post a Comment